LYC 1.61% $6.12 lynas rare earths limited

a cautionary tale, page-9

1. 12,085 Posts.
    luckymjohnson
    Read the article, I don't see the association with LYC. Jason did extremely well with his trading when he invested in REE companies. He 'lost his way' a couple of months ago, he started shorting, trading options both ways - multiplying the gains and eventually the loses. Jason sounds very naive and undisciplined, he did not understand his research (if he did any!) and doesn't appear to have a strategy. Two types of gamblers- one goes to the TAB/race track with a set amount and always bets the same amount per bet, if he wins he continues with the same betting styles and challenges the TAB to 'come and get his winnings' - the other, if he wins he starts placing much larger wreckless bets and blows the entire lot - Jason was the latter :((

I did notice another story below it: "You don't bring a Praseodymium knife to a gun fight" by Tim Worstall - he is a wholesaler & trader in REE, mainly Scandium($75/g- yes, G, not KG) and handles 50% of the world's consumption. This is a more balanced article by far. I like the bit where he says alternative materials are available but moving away to a non rare earth technology would make those cute little white ear buds the size of a Coke can :)) For others there simply isn't a VIABLE sustitute.

The main attraction for LYC is that the speculation aspects do not exist. It's not about ramping up production and possible stock piles stagnating REE prices. It's about starting production. We go around in circles with this one but besides the Moly dream the rest are pure speculation, once their processing plants are completed then we may have contenders. Personally, who cares what may or may not happen in 2015 and beeeeeyond - got squat to do with LYC in the near future.

People like Jason Milkian are ill informed. As if, he was a 'REE day trader'- an insult to those who are. LYC to me seems to have good support around $2 -+2. The last time they played with the price tightly it then ran away. I know how to make it move, I buy, it goes down, I sell, it goes up, I sit, it does nothing :))

PS: psi81, I like your response :))

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.12
Change
-0.100(1.61%)
Mkt cap ! $5.795B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.12 $6.21 $6.10 $5.633M 916.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 6101 $6.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.13 29328 38
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.54pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.