A Chat with Jack

1. 6,264 Posts.
    I’ve known old Jack for a decade and we chat about our lives and the state of affairs in our inner suburb of Melbourne, but a couple of weeks ago Jack had draped the Australian flag over his window.

I asked him why, and he said, "I am showing solidarity for Pauline Hanson—she’s doing a great job and I vote for her. I’m not a fan of Pauline so we chatted about the problems she will fix.

Jack lives in housing commission flat and he wants someone to help fix the problems he sees every day. “I’ve asked the commission to spray the cockroaches and even though I spray around the flat they come from outside.

...then there’s the problem with the woman above me. She goes out and a group of men come in and move around all night. I think she has a night out while they make Ice. I’ve called the cops, but nothing much happens.”

That’s easy to fix Jack, I said ... “just tell the cops there are some people speaking a strange language in the flat above you and you keep hearing the word “Jihad”!

We then chatted about things in Australia and what he would like Pauline to fix. “Well—there are too many Jews around this area and I don’t like them!”

What have they done to you? I asked. “well… they have a lot of money and keep it to themselves and stick to themselves and don’t mix with the people.

Are you speaking about the Jews or Muslims? I asked, “well they are also coming here and they don’t do much but get welfare.’

Are there any others you don’t like, I asked, “well there’s a lot of young people who don’t work and a lot of mad people running around the commission flats, but that’s about it” Jack said.

"But Australia has changed a lot since I started working in the early thirties," he added. I had a mate we could trust and we travelled around looking for work

I worked picking fruit, all sorts of factory jobs and a stint in an abattoir for a few years and I also did six years in the navy. I brought up my family and did what I could to bring them up right.

What do you think about things nowadays, I asked old Jack, “bloody ratshit!’ he replied.
    Last edited by Rappa: 20/03/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.