CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

a chip off the old block , page-13

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    Denial, absolutely my own judgement let me down. I bought my first ever share (KOR) on the 30/6/2010 and bought CDU on the 13/7/2010. Very green I was, and probably still am. Still, no excuse. However, the beauty of the CDU threads is that- currently, at least- we have a balance of opinion- not just rumourtrage and unproven statements. It's important to have that balance, so newbies don't get hoodwinked.

And yes, the content was pretty ordinary. :P The point remains that for someone so well paid, I think many CDU holders would like to see outcomes. And if we ever do get a Chinese deal, we might have paid a few $million for it, just on Cam's wages. Whether he is responsible for the deal or not, I'd say it's too much. Thing is, we'll never know, because noone knows what he does.

Just on Hong Kong, most of the people there speak English:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Hong_Kong

If Cameron is living in HK, it's not so hard, but if he is just trying to make Chinese deals, then I hope he does speak a language of China, so as to be able to properly engage. Many people, though, are just business people he might be speaking to- brokers, financiers, etc. In fact, the above conversation I wrote of, could in fact be the case. People often make out that working with Chinese is such an alien concept. Fact is, business does probably not take years, most would have a business degree (does Cameron?), many would be yuppies, some would have studied in Australia or a country where english was the first language, and to imagine that deals take forever, well... what if it just takes forever to do a deal with Cameron or CDU? Other companies seem to still get over the line.

Denial, I hold because I don't find it easy to sell at a loss (that's probably still a product of inexperience- I guess that will change the longer I do shares). CDU is volatile, so maybe it will get some great gains soon. Meanwhile, if I feel some cynicism, I'll express it on CDU, because HC is a place to discuss shares- not just be all positive. I've been known to be rather pleased when CDU does something good. I'll be pleased again if the SP goes up. It's hard to defend Cameron's position, though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.