"That's an irrelevant question. It is not about a false...

1. 24,403 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "That's an irrelevant question. It is not about a false competition between Jesus and Peter. It is about the role that Jesus gave to Peter."

It is NOT an irrelevant question, YOU are just trying to cherry pick, bits and bobs of the Bible and ignoring the overall theme, which will dictate the answer to this nonsense created by some??????????????????????
    We NEED to establish from this Rock subject, what EXACTLY are the KEY points Jesus in drawing upon, emphasizing.
    1. God revealed this truth and the Bible reveals, you need both God and Jesus on your side for eternal life, hence the Key importance that God revealed the answer to Simon.
    2. The point is The Rock which the Bible CLEARLY says is Jesus -> that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God = The Rock to which the church will be built on and not one stone of many, us and Peter = wake up, lights on.

"When Jesus addressed Peter he was referring to a stone or rock"

RUBBISH and that is why YOU cannot produce a verse that says Jesus said such.
    Not like you and others, I refuse to add to the verses.

IF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE WANTS TO BUILD THEIR CHURCH OR THEMSELVES UPON PETER INSTEAD OF JESUS OR THE ANSWER (MESSAGE -> THE ROCK) SIMON GAVE, THEN BE MY GEST, BUT I CERTAINLY DON'T LIKE YOUR POTENTIAL RESULTS.

The only role given to Peter was the Keys to the Kingdom = The word of God, which were latter going to come to all, via the Spirit of Truth, just as your getting NOW biggrin.png
    He told Peter or confirmed what the Church would be built on -> That Christ is the Son of the living God = Rock, and that the gates of hell could not possible prevail against it or that truth, like it could prevail against Peter and the ones after him, as it did.

The Book of John -> 20:31 - But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

HMMM, NO LIFE IN PETERS NAME, UMMMM, HMMM, I WONDER WHY tongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png
    Oh that's right, he's not the rock, just one stone of many that go onto The Rock - Jesus.
    ---------------------
    PS. lol, most Christians technically have a serious problem, as they are really denying Jesus is the Son of God by claiming he is God = gates of hell prevailed big time.
    "That's another debate that doesn't negate the role that Jesus gave to Peter."

That's a load of hog wash.
    Peter's role - given the Keys = the word of God which also confirmed Peters answer, message, to which he was to spread.
    And that message Naturally centers around preaching and teaching -> The TRUE Son of God and not another Jesus as the Bible warns us against.

What it also shows, the false teaching shows the gates of hell prevailed on the likes of the CC's teachings, which are clearly not what Peter taught or would have taught.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.