CVN 0.00% 17.0¢ carnarvon energy limited

a company for the times, page-3

1. 744 Posts.
    Good post Phil.

I struggle to categorise this stock as a "no brainer", because I don't think that term is respectful enough of certain risks that are associated with CVN.

That being said, I think 2008 is going to be another cracker of a year for CVN. Phil mentioned that they have only scratched the surface with their exploration, and that to me is the factor that really causes me to sit back and wonder how high we can climb. If Hartleys say $1.23, I'm not about to disagree, and I think a lot of things are already in motion that will see that SP achieved.

The next quarterly rpt is out at the end of the month, at which point I'd expect some positive news regarding the resolution of trucking constraints. I'm also keen to hear about their plans to put NSE into full field production, which they mentioned in the 4,000 bopd ann. The awarding of the block along with SUR should also be confirmed at that stage, so it will be interesting to hear what their immediate plans are. WB deep flow rates will be known by then as well.

Bring on the end of the month, lots of stuff will be known by then. If everything goes as planned, could the $1.23 SP be achieved by then? Seems like a massive climb from here, but time will tell I suppose.

The pleasant surprises just keep on coming, sure is nice to just sit back and watch it all unfold! US volatility will have the usual short-term impact, but for people with a little patience it's a great stock to just buy and hold.

Finally, one query. A couple of posters have mentioned that there is a production licence already in place for the WB field. Can you please point me in the right direction to the source of that info?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $304.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 17.0¢ 16.0¢ $435.9K 2.621M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 248625 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 335988 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.