MYR 1.27% 80.0¢ myer holdings limited

have been following this thread for a fortnight. not sure how...

1. 791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    have been following this thread for a fortnight.

not sure how much was discussed previously about experiential retail and technology shift on here. i know department store retailers have had to adapt to modern societal changes since their inception. there is a greater fear - now more than ever - of disruptions and dislocations because of technologies. i just like to remind you that, first and foremost, we are consumers (bleak, i know). Real estate in Australia isnt cheap, so commercial leases are higher than elsewhere, and household debt is some of the highest in the world - 122%. Anyone buying a new dinner jacket, cologne and a toaster from Myer this weekend?

here's is a relevant q&a article with the massive department operator and retailer, Macy's CEO.
    http://www.therobinreport.com/the-future-of-department-stores/

and check out Macy's long-term chart; cyclical you say?

and the future shift for high end department stores like DJs?
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/05/tak...troms-first-tiny-store-without-inventory.html

its been shown that a retailer who closes a physical store, will only expect to retain 12% of sales from that store via their online platform. Myer is reducing its physical foot print, and it will re-purpose its floor space eventually. Obviously, they arent world leaders, so look abroad for the likely direction it takes. Like many here, I would like to see management put their money where their mouth is. Sol Lew, at least, is prepared to have a go. He knows how cyclical this sector is, and is watching his investment halve in less than a year. Add to that the fact that 50% of share holders are mums and dads. Its been a shorters paradise. The pressure is mounting for Myer management to deliver; lease re negotiations, floor space repurposing, logistical efficiencies, and a move into a new era of retailing. My guess is that in the long term Myer will be the bridge between Target and DJs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
80.0¢
Change
0.010(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $665.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
79.0¢ 81.0¢ 79.0¢ $2.299M 2.872M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10060 79.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
80.0¢ 37136 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.