CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

Would like some thoughts and comments on this: We have all...

1. 33 Posts.
    Would like some thoughts and comments on this:

We have all expressed our dismay and disapproval of CER's "voluntary" sale of the US platform, particularly with respect to Super LLC.

After giving it much thought, I ask, isn't it best to be out of the US market after all?

It would seem GFC II is on it's way, thanks to US fiscal policy (debt) and Ben Bernanke's printing press, effectively diluting the $US dollar into oblivion. I wouldn't be surpriswd if $AUD hits $1.10 within months and goes beyond by the end of calender 2011. I think the board of CER got it right recently when it took out it's $1.03 hedging contract. The "real" GFC will occur once the un-payable US debt position implodes completely as China and other foreign nations make a run on their (some would argue - worthless) $US Treasury Notes. S&P have sounded their warning in the last 24 hours.

I therefore ask the question, aren't we better off with the US behind us? I understand many (including myself up until recently) believed we had sold the US properties at the trough of the US property market cycle. But is this actually the case?

Should the US default on its debt commitments, as has been predicted by many market pundits (Peter Schiff being the most vocal and credible), wouldn't this be detrimental to any investor with any US interests?

I am no currency expert, but would like some comments from those who may be more enlightened than yours truly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.