CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

Just some thoughts from left field:Someone who owns say...

1. 33 Posts.
    Just some thoughts from left field:

Someone who owns say 1,000,000 shares in CER(to pick a wishful figure) would have a CER investment of $260,000, given yesterday's close of 26 cents. The uncertainty surrounding CER is eroding the share price daily.

NTA is miles away.

Now, following "aggregation", these 1,000,000 CER shares will become 172,414 shares in the new company, with a market value of $431,035, based on a listing price of $2.50. The original CER investment increases by $170,035 (66%) on day one, as a direct result of this sole event (aggregation). I acknowledge that the share price will invariably fall upon listing.

The new "normal" company will be included in the S&P ASX 200 and will attract institutional investment, particularly funds that have a mandate to track the ASX 200 index. This in theory should stabilise the share price, such that it will be aligned more appropriately with the NTA (NAV).

With regard to the much-malighed "Services" business, the new entity forecasts 13% of income from this part of the business. In the CNP era, this business represented 31% of total company income. This could be a potential growth area that many don't fully recognise.

I initially was against aggregation. However I am a pragmatist and realist, and wouldn't want to be here in a year's time discussing the same messy issues - and probably dividend-less too.

I realise this view will conjure much angst and abuse from my fellow CER posters, who I respect highly,and whom have made very compelling arguments against aggregation. A balanced discussion however is also important.

In saying this, I won't take it personally if you all think of me as some crazy canine running aimlessly around a very big oak tree...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.