IMU 5.56% 5.7¢ imugene limited

A cure for cancer?

1. 11,697 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1687
    The latest presentation from the company is pretty exciting as somebody is reported as having a complete response. That meaning that no sign of cancer can be detected in this person.

That's an amazing result given the type of cancer they have, and that they had metastasized.

The people on the herr-vaxx phase 1 trial are pretty much on death row, but from the 10 (or maybe 11 or 12) people reported on, so far:

1 has had a total response.
    5 a partial response.
    4 are stabilised.

A partial response is an unusual term as (in this case) the tumour has reduced from anywhere from between 30% to 99.99%. So somebody could be 95% free, but are still deemed as a partial response.

But even the stabilised is a good result, as these people are no longer getting worse at the rate they were, or could even be getting better (stabilised in this case meaning a change in tumour size of between a 20% increase and a 30% decrease).

It's well documented that cancer immunology patients normal get worse before getting better, so these people could just be in this turnaround period.

So fantastic results for some very ill people, with no safety issues at all. The lack of safety issues is a big deal, as the quality of life for these very ill people is very significant. But our treatment isn't causing problems, and if people have a reduction in cancer of say 50%, they must be feeling better too. Big selling Keytruda, for example, has many safety issues reported - some very serious.

I know it's early days to say we have a cancer cure, but there are a number of things I hoped to see from this trial:

1. Patients have an immune response... it is reported that all people on the trial have.
    2. Patients produce their own antibodies... it is reported that all people are producing their own antibodies.
    3. That there are no safety issues, as people's own antibodies fight the cancer... no safety issues reported.
    4. That people respond to treatment and have stabilised... most (if not all) have.
    5. That over time people have reduce cancers... half, or maybe more, have so far.
    6. That possibly complete responses occur... we have one, maybe more will follow.

As I said before, we don't have a confirmed cure yet, but so many boxes are getting ticked.

Amazing imu have a $57m mkt cap, when you think how good these results are, and how close we could be to changing the $100 billion dollar cancer immunology market.

One day the market will wake, or big pharma will.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.7¢
Change
0.003(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $417.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.8¢ 5.2¢ $2.499M 45.00M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1921794 5.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 1368288 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.