TVN 4.26% 4.5¢ tivan limited

A Different Perspective, page-9

1. 17,422 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1153

Utility-scale solar + storage project gets green light in Canadian first

Thursday 3 February 2022

“Elemental Energy and Invinity Energy Systems have announced one of Canada’s most innovative and ambitious renewable energy projects, in which approximately 40,000 solar panels will be installed alongside a 8.4 MWh Vanadium Flow Battery (VFB) at a site in Alberta, Canada.

Located in one of the sunniest places in Canada and in a province historically known as one of the world’s major centres for oil production, a 21 MWp solar array will be colocated with Invinity’s utility-scale VFB technology to generate enough low-cost, low-carbon electricity to serve the electricity needs of over 7,000 Albertans.”

https://invinity.com/canadas-largest-solar-powered-vanadium-flow-battery-to-be-installed-in-alberta/

I am no different to nearly everyone on this forum, ie frustrated as all hell at the constant changes in direction and missed timelines.

The project above has most of the elements that a similar project in Australia has minus some massive advantages the Northern Territory has to offer.

When they say Canada’s sunniest location, I am thinking it will have much less solar output than the NT by a very large amount.

The project has been negotiated with Canadian First Nation People, something that TNG is doing as well.

The Canadian project will reduce fossil fuel use in a very fossil fuel dependent Province. Again, the NT is trying to achieve something similar.

Invinity Energy will ensure this project, including solar array and VRFB will be operating by the end of this year. This is where TNG is lagging.

All of this could be done in Australia, at much greater scale and at less cost except for one thing.

TNG are hamstrung by either bad luck or incompetence (or both).

I took a decision to reduce my holding in TNG last year by a considerable amount but in the back of my mind, I still felt that one day the sleeping giant will awake.

With the resources they have (and the possibility of linking with Sun Cable). TNG can still become what we hoped it would be.

I live in hope but have covered my butt just in case they don’t.

https://suncable.sg/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.5¢
Change
-0.002(4.26%)
Mkt cap ! $77.73M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.7¢ 4.5¢ $73.91K 1.607M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 1737549 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 69966 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.