SLX 1.19% $4.25 silex systems limited

Yesterday I posted the above, it was getting late and I rushed...

1. 20,238 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1784
    Yesterday I posted the above, it was getting late and I rushed to finish it, I meant to attach this link as a reference to what I was talking about, sorry for the slip up .
    Read this PDF it has some interesting scenarios in it.

http://web.mit.edu/stgs/pdfs/RothwellBraunEnrichment.pdf

On page 18 in Table 1 it shows differing company plants for enrichment , for instance it show what they consider what the cost per SWU will be for USEC's ACP ?

See where it shows what they call Annual Capital Charge to be $172 million dollars, that figure is made up of the total SWU ( Plant Capacity k SWU/yr 3,800= 3,800,000SWU)

Total Capital Invest Cost (K) in Millions of dollars =$2,645,000,000
    Annual Capital Charge in Millions =$172

Staff Size ( L ) people=500
    Annual Labor Cost in Millions $60

Electricity Consumption =50 kWh/SWU
    Annual Electricity Cost in Millions $17

Annual Materials Cost in Millions =$22

Annual Total Costs in millions which is the addition of the red figures which I make $271 Million, they say $272

They then extrapolate that figure to Levelized SWU Cost (AC) $/SWU using a formula to reach the figure of $/SWU =$72

Earlier back in that document they say that the going rate in the US was $135 per SWU, that was what USEC were getting for the enriched Uranium from the PDGP, it was an artificially inflated price due to import duties being applied to foreign suppliers, now that the USEC PDGP has wound up production, what they are saying is that the real price for enriching Uranium may fall to $80, if that happened the when you take the ACP cost of production $72 from that $80 dollars the difference is only $8 which when you multiply that by the annual production of the ACP 3,800,000SWU by $8 would equal a profit per annum of only $30.4 Million ??? that is for a plant that cost close to $3 billion dollars .

This bit is from page 4 of that document
    Therefore, as uneconomic diffusion capacity is retired and all Russian capacity enters the international market, Russian economic profits could decline 16%, but Urenco’s profits could decline by 72%! Because of their more mature technology, Eurodif’s George Besse II and Urenco’s NEF could earn economic profits, but USEC’s APC, might not earn significant economic profits (e.g., $30M per year on an investment of $3,000 M). This situation could make private financing for private enrichers difficult to acquire capital at costs that will allow them to be competitive.

Now lets look at a GLE plant? I firmly believe it would come in closer to the Rosatom Zelenogorsk plant somehow?

For instance, their plant produces 5MSWU, the full plant for Wilmington will produce 6MSWU, so that is one million more SWU for a start, for around the same cost of building, the Zelenogorsk plant cost $2.5 Billion to build, I believe that is a similar figure to what a Laser plant would cost to build in today's dollars at Wilmington.

The number of employees at the Zelenogorsk plant is 436 with an annual wages cost of $26 million dollars, I believe the number of employees at Wilmington when complete will be around half that? but the wages they get would be double to what the Russians get ($60,000 per year) as against $120,000 per year per person in the US, so roughly the same wages bill of around $26 million is my guesstimate ?

Electricity prices in the US are around $/MWh =$92
    In Russia they are about half that, $/MWh =$46
    That was in 2006 prices, the US may be slightly cheaper now, due to coal seam gas prices?

But looking at an estimated figure I read the other day about centrifuges compared to laser, the laser plant used about 30% (estimated) of what the Centrifuge plant did, that was for Mo99 extraction, I am assuming a similar result for Uranium enrichment? but it is only a guess, so even if it were 50% of what the centrifuge uses? then the figures in dollars for the electricity consumption at the Zelenogorsk versus the Wilmington would be about the same in the worst case scenario you would think?
    (double the cost but half the use or less?) but I reckon less somehow?

The annual material costs (UF6) would be similar per SWU looking at those tables, so slightly more for the Wilmington due to the extra 1MSWU but it could end up being cheaper if they get natural grade Uranium from Paducah???

So all in all, I reckon the Levelized SWU Cost (AC) $/SWU would be cheaper than what the costs are at Zelenogorsk which is $37 ?????

Now for the real cruncher, does anybody here really believe that the US will sit idly by and let the Russians take full control on all of the enrichment requirements for the whole world? Don't think so somehow!
    No bloody way!
    The US would more than likely keep the price for Uranium enrichment artificially higher than what it should be in my opinion, possibly around the $100 per SWU just to keep the wolves at bay.

ACP may not be competitive? but laser will be at those prices?

It is also worth remembering the the requirement for enriched Uranium starts to grow in the next decade as well, so the figure of 40MSWU per annum will grow, the US would want to be part of the solution for that you would think?

If you read The International Framework for Nuclear Energy Cooperation (IFNEC), developed from the former Global Nuclear Energy Partnership (GNEP) you will see that the US intends to play a major role.
    Here-:
    http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf117_international_framework_nuclear_energy_cooperation.html
    Last edited by moosey: 04/07/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.25
Change
0.050(1.19%)
Mkt cap ! $1.006B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.26 $4.30 $4.19 $1.305M 307.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 445 $4.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.29 342 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.