FML 8.00% 13.5¢ focus minerals ltd

a distinct possibility, page-12

1. 661 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    Sorry, trying not to offend here but ... Oh come on ...

"Hostile takeover of FML at 3.9c. You get paid 3.9c for every share and you have lost FML forever..."

Normally I really like (even thumbs up) and respect the posts here by you, CW, and other contrarian theorists. (well contrary to price movements). Good well thought out view points and takes on information I had not considered.

However, how could there be a hostile takeover (against the board) at such a low price with gold appreciating. I am sorry but this sounds like scaremongering to me. And CW too, I thought you said before it was the instos were selling? Anyhow the reason people are selling is not because of the price of the offer but because of the controlling interest. They see this controlling interest as probably being used in the long run to take over the company before other share holders see the profits. Also this 51% holding would prevent any future hostile takeovers, which almost by definition come with significant premium because it has to convince 90% (something like that sorry) to sell or they fail.

Finally, without this offer on the table, if FML followed the trend of the other small cap gold producers, the price would be over 5c per share now (really clear if you do a chart comparison). Since in this time the long term price forecasts of gold have also gone up remarkably, and because the cost of production of FML is so high it gains extra leverage from this, any hostile takeover would be a much higher premium to succeed because of the time it would take and all the holders can make their decision at the last minute when the price of gold is likely to be higher.

It is fine you like the current offer while I disagree and have only bought in after price drop increased liquidity, and the chance of a bounce or some counter offer. You have shown you have good reasons although I have a different point of view. But citing an alternative of a takeover at 3.9 cents is really not what I have come to expect to read in these posts...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
0.010(8.00%)
Mkt cap ! $38.68M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.3¢ 13.5¢ 13.0¢ $1.169K 8.898K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 222192 12.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 67030 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.