SMN 1.71% 59.5¢ structural monitoring systems plc

A Dose Of Patience

1. 3 Posts.
    I am an investor ... (so to all those traders out there, this post is perhaps irrelevant for you).

I purchased SMN during its highs half way through last year @ $2.88.

I also purchased smaller parcels as the price fell during August and November of 2016 ... finishing with an average price of $2.61 and just under $95000 invested.

I have not sold a cent since initially purchasing back in July 2016.

In other words ... I have lost roughly 40% or $38,946 through my investment with SMN.

A mentor from credit suisse said to me once that, "the true talent of an investor rests in their ability to separate emotion from logic; to focus on the fundamentals rather than act on the red or green they see on the screen."

Perhaps my logic is skewed or I am naive, so please let me down easy if you disagree ... BUT, in my eyes, fundamentally NOTHING has changed for SMN. Factually, the only two points generating negative sentiment are: 1) TC selling his shares (even though other board members still hold large portions of the stock) and 2) the inability of management to meet promises and deliver news.

These two points are disappointing, don't get me wrong ... BUT ... they do not fundamentally change the stock. There has been no news to suggest a contract won't arrive. There has been no news to suggest that the contract has fallen through, or that it is insignificant in size, or that competitors are fast approaching. Rather, whilst the AGM was perhaps a pump and dump moment, further conversations with the board have revealed to us all that a contract is in the works. SMN's first ever sizeable contract. Furthermore, the only semi news that has arisen in the past 6 months suggests the contract will arrive late ... when TC said in an email posted onto this forum that 'litigation is taking longer than expected causing delays.'

They are the fundamentals. Selling of shares or inability to meet promises (even though TC said it would take longer) does not change these.

So whilst it definitely is painful to watch a big red loss on your screen, remember that there are people - probably like myself - that are in far worse positions than you, but that are holding their nerve, detaching from emotion and fundamentally analyse this stock.

So I implore you to 'take a dose of patience' and try review this stock for its fundamentals outside the haze of emotion.

DYOR, all the best to all shareholders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.