RMD 0.79% $35.16 resmed inc

That's an excellent post and I hope to not drag down the quality...

1. 397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126
    That's an excellent post and I hope to not drag down the quality of the content that you provided.

In my experiences, the market over shoots one way or the other. I'm currently in the process of reading Howard Marks' - "The Most Important Thing". Howard explores opportunism, finding bargains and in particular, contrarianism. In one particular chapter, he speaks of markets becoming irrational and references peak optimism and suggests that when optimism is at it's highest point, it pays to become a contrarian and view the market with pessimism.

Equally, when the market is at it's most pessimistic, investors should become optimistic. Naturally, he points out that there's no point in becoming optimistic in a business that was already a bad investment to begin with. However, the secret is to identify those businesses that are already good, profitable businesses and duly apply capital to those businesses.

I couldn't help but think of Resmed in that particular chapter and it was from reading that which prompted me to re-purchase and increase my holdings.

I still think the key is to mange the risk (in any stock purchases) and your particular post outlines the risk v reward aspect.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.