TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

a few facts on tgr - feedback interested , page-14

1. 738 Posts.
    "With the decline of fish stocks, farming is the only future......."

If it takes around 5Kg of wild fish to produce around 1Kg of Salmon - please explain to me how then farming salmonids does not support the decline of wild fish stocks?

"Tassal does not run an operation comparable to Chile and is mindful of these issues..........but it is still a matter of discussion as to whether they are doing enough"

Antibiotics - why? At the beginning of the decade the Tassie industry used 12 Kg. Now it is pumping 32MT into 22,000MT production.

Norway - the country TASSAL like to "aspire to" reduced their antibiotic use from 48MT over 55,300MT production in 1987 to only 1MT (yep 1 tonne) over 553,000MT production in 2002. Canada reduces its depence on antibiotics similarly. Chile on the other hand has ramped up its use (5000 times greater use than Norway).

How can this be? Well it is much cheaper and easier to feed the salmon antibiotics than to improve animal husbandry. I guess you haven't sort of wondered how Tassie salmon average size has roughly increased by a third in the last 6 - 7 years.

The fact that antibiotics have been detected in wild stocks adjacent to salmon farms is not particularly acceptable.

And well - heavy metal based antifoulant. They're being phased out in the aspirational countries as well. All to do with husbandry.

Eat the odd chook but don't eat salmon - far prefer a flatty, or most non farmed finfish for that matter - since you asked.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.