88E 25.0% 0.2¢ 88 energy limited

A funny thing happened...

1. 48 Posts.
    A bit over a week ago, a funny thing happened on my way to the Hotcopper forum...

There I was, arriving home for the day having finished up at my usual, mundane and mind-numbingly boring job, when my thoughts turned to Hotcopper and 88E (as per routine). I got out of the car, trudged up the driveway, opened the door and saw... my wife. She had been given half the day off work, so she was home early. She greeted me with a kiss, asked me how my day had been, and then suggested that we go for a walk, since it was such a nice day. Sure, I was a little tired from the day just gone, but we don't often get the chance to see much of each-other during daylight hours, so it was too good to pass up.

Off we went, a few miles down to the water, back up and around, past the shops, then we settled for a quiet frappe from Gloria Jeans. It was excellent. At no point did my mind wander off towards 88E, or Hotcopper, or any posts that I missed. Instead, I felt a pleasant sense of calm, knowing that I could either enjoy this moment in real-time, or I could fuss over every passing moment in Share-time. For a while now, I have chosen the latter. On that day, I chose the former. Funnily enough, I did the same thing the following day, and the one after that. Before I knew it, it had been a whole week since I had visited Hotcopper, and something jumped out at me: Not a lot has changed, really. I hadn't expected anything to have changed, but it was refreshing to acknowledge that this thing is either long-term for big gains, short-term for small gains, mid-term for fair gains, or it is bust. I am no engineer, but commonsense tells me that oil takes a wee bit of time to get out of the ground. Until that day gets closer, the market will pass this share around like a ragdoll. Long story short, someone either has to want the oil while it is still in the ground, which isn't going to happen right away, or the company has to get the oil into production, which also isn't going to happen right away. It is fantastic that we have a team who evoke true feelings of trust. There are guys steering the ship who want this thing to succeed, and who have the skills to make it happen. I am filled with confidence, but I also possess a little bit of doubt (which isn't such a bad thing), and an open view to reality. This is a stock, and stocks go up and down, and some stocks go right up, and some stocks go right down, and some stocks collapse, and some stocks allow people to retire from one big play. One chance. One risk it for the biscuit moment. Some people are in this up to their eyeballs, convinced it is a sure thing. For me, and for you, and for anyone else who believes in this thing, I hope that to be correct. However, my point is, you can find yourself becoming obsessed with Hotcopper and price fluctuations, right down to the minute, and that is what causes the worry. Please note, I love Hotcopper! Just saying...

My fellow holders, I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts, and by no way is this any kind of suggestion that people shouldn't post, or read each-others post, or take a keen interest in the wealth of information that exists within the minds of several well-informed posters. It is more a personal reflection on why I am invested in 88E, and what my own goals are for this stock. After all, if I am constantly watching the share price movements, I am not so happy with a movement down to 3.8, but I am happy with an even close of 3.9, neither of which affect my investment outlook one bit, so no need for me to worry. This story isn't going to be written in one day, but ONE DAY, stories will be written.

The moral of my long-winded post? Be happy with your investment, knowing full well that by this time next week, the price may well be exactly the same, and there isn't really much you can do about it! No matter what anyone says, good, bad or indifferent, all you can do is research, learn and act according to your own goals. Everything else is just another day of trade.

All the best guys and girls. It is an absolute pleasure to be on this ride with all of you. But for now, I might go check out that sunset...

AP

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
-0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $43.40M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $46.48K 23.26M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
474 1305395133 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 23140122 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.