SGQ 5.56% 1.9¢ st george mining limited

Hi,my apologies in advance for what is going to be a long...

1. 11,491 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1131
    Hi,my apologies in advance for what is going to be a long post.Like many of you I decided after missing the ride on SIR that I needed to step up my research in the search for a junior which could potentially mirror SIR's parabolic rise amongst the nickel juniors.Whilst I was the first on HC to identify the nearby nearology plays of MAT and BUX and have made good coin on them I decided to cast my search further afield rather than just looking in the immediate area around SIR's Symonds Hill block.
    The first task I set myself was to try to work out what SIR's exploration model had been which led them to target that piece of ground.It was obvious from SIR's report that Nova lay on a major regional fault.I then spoke to a number of industry acquaintances,GSWA and made a lot of phone calls to MD's and geologists of juniors in WA in particular.What kept coming up was that it seemed SIR's competent crew had targeted a coincident high tenor Cu in soil and Ni in soil anomaly and that had led to run an EM survey over that piece of ground which revealed a sizeable anomaly at depth below.
    Now the first map shows mineral deposits/discoveries over the area I began to search as well as all the fault lines.What became obvious was that the majority of deposits are located on or around fault lines. In the map I have arrowed the location of Nova and framed in dark blue near the bottom are some of SIR's other blocks.MAT's blocked are framed in green.A long way further north I found an area which showed few if any discoveries on a couple of major faults and seemed to have been only lightly explored.( circled area in red)In that area I came across SGQ which I then discovered had a very extensive JV with BHP for nickel whilst retaining the rights to all other metals on their ground.That made me sit up and investigate further,BHP is a major with access to a huge data base and obviously employs literally hundreds of geologists.Then I discovered they were actually in the middle of a large drilling program ( 35 holes).SGQ's ground is outlined in light blue.

At the same time I was reviewing public data maps that were available for nickel in soil and copper in soil across all areas in the first map above.I zeroed in on the Cu and Ni maps for the area around SGQ and they are below. The first map being Ni in soil the second map being Cu in soil.Note the dark red dots represent the highest tenor values.The area framed in light blue is all of SGQ's leases,the area framed in yellow is where SGQ holds 100% of rights for all minerals including nickel

I then preceded to read all announcements and quarterlies of SGQ over the last 2 years and that led me to ring the company.Unfortunately because of confidentiality agreements with BHP,management was unable to identify which leases of their's were covered by the JV.A little bit of lateral thinking led me to ask Ok, which blocks do you hold 100% of the rights to all minerals which enabled me to determine those blocks of most interest to me (outside the JV).The map below shows all their ground and the blocks which SGQ hold 100% of all mineral rights to are marked in bright yellow.

Now the next map shows the location of all BHP's current campaign of 35 drill holes and if you look closely you can discern a pattern of the areas they have targeted for drilling.Now compare that back with the previous maps for Cu in soil and Ni in soil.

Now in a recent announcement SGQ made mention of their Cambridge anomaly which has Ni in soil values around 2000ppm which to my eye and understanding was very high .The Cambridge anomaly (located on that small square lease 100% held by SGQ) was also about 4 kms long about 3 times the size of SIR's Nova.Now if you refer back to the Cu and Ni in soil maps you will find that on that location both the Cu in soil and the coincident Ni in soil were not the highest tenor values in the area and yet had that very high Ni in soil value from SGQ's own soil sampling program. What really excited me are the very high tenor coincident Cu and Ni in soil values on the block to the east of Cambridge. In this last map I have set an inset of the 100% SGQ blocks and arrowed it's location .This map gives a very good idea of the regional setting and importantly the myriad of significant faults in the area.

Now I also made note of the recent trading in SGQ over the time since Nova was discovered .What stood out like tits on a bull to me was the premium that buyers were happy to be paying for SGQO. ie when SGQ heads were trading at 10c buyers were still happy to pay 2c and 3c for these long dated options with an exercise price of 20c ...that is/was a hell of a premium !! I realized then that was a group quietly hoovering up every option they could. I decided to join the party :)

CONCLUSIONS:
    I think that SGQ has the best chance of any junior I found of making a discovery of the calibre of SIR's Nova.In addition they stand to benefit greatly if BHP come up with the goods in any of their 35 drill holes currently awaiting assay.I haven't even mentioned the potential of SGQ's ground to host a decent gold discovery or 4 or 5! Thea area of Cambridge itself is much larger than SIR's Nova and the anomalies to the east cover an even greater area!
    In the short term IMHO I think that a share price of 40c is achievable for SGQ.In order to see a parabolic move in share price though I believe we need to see a catalyst for that and below are the 4 catalysts I think could initiate that parabolic move I very much hope to see :
    1 BHP's assays release which I believe is imminent.Although these assays may not be material to BHP's SP and as such not needed to be reported by them they will be material to SGQ's SP and as such BHP will have to pass them on to SGQ for release.
    2 An announcement by SGQ of their own initial drill campaign on their Cambridge prospect
    3 An exploration update by SGQ on the high tenor Cu + Ni coincident anomalies to the east of Cambridge
    4 A successful discovery by SGQ themselves

Now I hope that this post has been of interest and informative for readers.Furthermore I hope that even if people don't agree with my thoughts they at least acknowledge the more than 100 hours of research and effort which has gone into this post.Lastly I wish to say a huge thank you to a fellow HC member from Narangba who contributed greatly in this research and was an immense help to me.Thanks SC !!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.001(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $18.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.7¢ 1.9¢ 1.6¢ $18.08K 1.066M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 403205 1.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 78604 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.7¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.7¢ 1.7¢ 1.7¢ 138559
Last updated 13.29pm 03/05/2024 ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.