GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.Nitetrader - No, am not using any...

1. 1,004 Posts.
    Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

Nitetrader - No, am not using any leverage. No way I'm going into debt on a potentially depreciating (or even volatile) asset. You know how there has been a certain kind of financial planner going around in past years advising people to gear their properties to the max and dump it into equities? I think those people are made entirely of lava from the burning pit of hell. Come the revolution I’ll put them second up against the wall after Ricky Martin.

Rabbito - cheers muchly. Will look into PNA. What are the downsides there do you think?

Noifsorbuts - you raise an interesting point actually, and I hadn't thought of things that way. So thanks for that. You're right - when your cabbie starts tipping a certain share you know it's time to bail out of it ;) That said, if the whole reason you're skeptical about a softening USD is because it's becoming apparent to more and more people that there is trouble there, I'd say that reasoning in itself *may* be a bit fallacious. Being truly contrarian means sometimes being contrarian about contrarianism. I'd be interested in more fundamental/technical reasons that point to a strong US economy. I imagine that in the early '30s people were aware the economy was stuffed - and that the fact it was consensus didn't make it wrong. At the end of the day, if it turns out I'm wrong here, I'm only talking part of my net worth so won't be ruined or anything. And of course if it starts to look like a strategy isn't working, it will be time to dump it pronto. I'm a big believer in cutting losers as pronto as possible and letting winners run. So yeah, while I'm confident in my reasoning at the moment, I reserve the right to be wrong and appreciate the note of caution. Out of interest, IF my assumptions are correct, what do you think of the approach and mix here? You obviously have some experience with goldies if you were tipping them 6 years ago.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.