CVN 5.41% 17.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

a good day tomorrow?, page-8

1. 2,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    EL. I have a prime rule-never,never buy a stock on the grounds that the company might be taken over.. But if I were a mid-cap oiler ,perhaps a bit down on his (recent) luck,perhaps looking for an oily patch with more opportunities than in his currrent portfolio of oil assets,perhaps operating near CVNs oily patch ...I would be having a look at CVN right now,whereas I might not have been enthralled a week or 6 back. Predators love a company that displays "break-out" credentials,and is forced to put them on the table because of listing requirements and duties to shareholders,who prove that they are fast asleep in relative terms to the on-the-edge oiler who is always looking for proven oil-in-the ground,but prepared to pay up for not-quite-so-proven figures........... Searching for oil is a risky business so its not taking too much of a punt for any oiler to put a dollar on a company like CVN,with its high reporting standards,after announcements of the ilk of CVNs recent ones...So to your traders (etc) categories you could include "other oilers",for ar least a "defensive" position (4.99% wont upset you and me because we wont immediately know about the position,but it will raise an eyebrow at CVN)..........Predators often strike when many least expect it and,if you are a Buffet devotee, when they can see really cheap,quality assets for the taking.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
-0.010(5.41%)
Mkt cap ! $313.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 17.8¢ 17.0¢ $2.346M 13.47M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 943849 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 370270 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.24pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.