STM 10.0% 0.9¢ sunstone metals ltd

a good looking opportunity

1. 3,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    I've been having a look over this stock and the numbers seem impressive if enough resource can be found in the D zone to lock in the 10 year, 3mtpa scenario. The CAPEX of $160m is also quite manageable.

The risks I've identified include the D zone not hosting a large enough level of resource to allow for this 10 year, 3mtpa scenario to take place. The recent drilling results seem to alay the res risks somewhat. Also, AVI being viable is dependant on mineral prices, but so too is any other miner so that's an industry wide risk really. I also like that AVI is being conservative with the mineral prices it is using in it's calculations, and the fact that it could be producing sooner rather than later means that it could cash in on much higher Fe & Cu prices than what is currently being modelled. Being a low cost producer will always help as well.

To those that have been following this stock for a longer period of time, what other risks are there with this project? Sweden is a great country to be mining in, the infrastructure is basically already there, and it's right next door to a massive iron ore mine so it should be no trouble to secure a buyer for the concerntrate. Have there been any whispers about where the copper may be sold, and also what type of development scenario the company is looking at? (i.e. financing the CAPEX through 100% debt, or whether they are looking for a partner to help develop the mine?)

Again, the numbers from the Hartley report look to stack up very favourably and I think I'll be looking to enter on Monday.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
-0.001(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $34.54M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.0¢ 0.9¢ $36.15K 3.853M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5860184 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 320000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.