GWA 1.29% $2.35 gwa group limited.

Unfortunately GWA"s success doesn't hinge around the south west...

1. 839 Posts.
    Unfortunately GWA"s success doesn't hinge around the south west of Sydney. Your dreaming if you think this their saviour. The Australian construction industry hasn't hit the bottom yet and bodies like the HIA and MBA are banging on about it regularly. Their calls to the current govt have been ignored as there are bigger issues in politics other than housing. It revolves around some billions of debt. Stimulus that drove hot water has receded albeit not entirely and what is left is pretty much now being ignored by the retail consumer . IMO people are sick if the environmental debate. Some of the larger players that were involved in BER and social housing have gone to the wall - money not well spent in some areas . I operated in this market across the life span of this spending and believe me it has gone !!!As previously posted the 2 big players Reece and Tradelink are continuing to focus in home brand product - their returns are 3 to 4 times better than GWA product -and as the market contracts they will not be able to sustain the margins that the Caroma product attract compared to imported product . Don't hang you hat in door furniture either. Tough times ahead for all in the construction pond and unless they take to cost with a meat cleaver they will struggle .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GWA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.