QIN 0.00% 29.5¢ quintis ltd

Key issue now jeans_sammy is we are heading into the time when...

1. 119 Posts.
    Key issue now jeans_sammy is we are heading into the time when Plantation sales occur, both retail and institutional. This is where it gets veeery interesting...the 'big boys' who have committed tens of millions of dollars to Indian Sandalwood plantations over the past half decade have done their due diligence and satisfied themselves as to the validity of what they were putting their clients $$ into...will recent events make them revisit their expectations as to the viability of QIN and thus halt new investment? We will find out in July......and as hottuna has pointed out QIN's viability depends on cash flow and ability to pay its creditors, not its asset backing

BTW, a couple of other perspectives for readers....QIN is a case study in investing risk management. It seems to me that the level of upset out there implies some traders/investors made investment decisions without an exit process already in place....a target price and a stop loss. Pardon me for being so blunt, but IMHO you must know where you will get out before you get into a stock, and anyone who is getting too upset about losses did not properly structure their trade to cap a loss at a level that could be easily walked away from.....(Entry Price - Stop Loss) X Number of Shares = Max Loss. But I do feel for you...everyone out there has worked hard for their investment savings and it sucks bigly to lose, and I went through a similar level of grief before I tightened up my process.

And for crying out loud, what are all these complaints about 'stock boosters' on HC? I guess I would be classified as one of them, but if anyone has purchased a stock based on what you read in a HC chat room then you have taken a massive risk with your $$. Dear readers, you have 100% responsibility for clicking that 'Buy' or 'Sell' button...both risks and rewards.

Rants over.

IMHO what we are seeing with the share price is a spewing from institutions. No one managing money can present QIN as a holding to their trustees after news of weak internal management processes and a downgrade from ratings agencies and so they are getting out. As to QIN's business risk....it has been through worse since I've been looking at the stock, with the collapse of the MIS sector and CBA pulling their banking facilities a couple of examples.

Can QIN survive without Plantation sales? They have a $30m interest bill each year! On the other hand cut out the capital intensity of the Plantation capex cycle, zero dividends, staff cuts and include Mt Romance sales (and don't forget there's still a lot of Indian Sandalwood sitting in their warehouse!) and their big wad of cash in the bank. It will be those Plantation Puts that are the big swing factor.

Interesting times! Safe trading!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QIN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.