ARI 0.00% 2.2¢ a.c.n. 004 410 833 limited

A Higher Offer for Molcycop, page-2

1. 407 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101
    Some interesting posts & thoughts today - but I'm not so sure its all over yet. Strongly agree with returnofthemac's post re Exec Management & Board - they have showed woeful leadership in terms of sharing any of the pain with all various stakeholders, and even worse investor relations and stakeholder engagement skills - worst I've ever witnessed by far...

HOWEVER while things are very precarious, I think some posters could be premature on certainty of insolvency. Arrium has some quality assets in the fold, and with the long Moly Sales/DD process that's already been run & Arrium's well published issues - many potential acquirers / suitors for some/all of Arrium would be well-advanced in their DD if decide to make a move.

The behaviour of management has been bizzare, and I suspect it is actually a deliberate tactic to force lenders to engage &/or flush any other potential suitors out of the woodwork - using a GSO imposed deadline (& very shitty deal for lenders & shareholders!) to get everyone's minds focused and motivated to negotiate. To that end it has certainly been successful!

Next 2 weeks will be key for any Chess moves on market &/or behind doors with debt/lenders direct. I suspect Arrium is far more valuable as a going concern than in liquidation, and a recapitalisation of some sort (and ideally change of leadership) should provide good chance to trade out of troubles.

I understand Iron Ore's most onerous contracts expire this September, then Arrium can renegotiate on far better terms or put IO mines on care and maintenance - either way a win. Contractors know this is coming, if they're smart they'll show a willingness to negotiate now, in return for contract extension.

Whyalla guys know how serious situation is, but have every right to press management for details/a plan forward ("Communicate you arrogant men - when will this sink in!??!) Don't believe GSO deal will see the light of day in the end - just a question of what it ends up being replaced with. Lenders can surely do better than this woeful deal, hopefully shareholders too in a deal structured to keep them involved (I would happily tip in capital at these levels for fresh leadership & vision). Suspect the above is what management are really trying to flush out, and they see $20M break fee as a reasonable price for a successful outcome.

Fingers crossed we see a cornerstone investor with financial saviness to replace the current captain and his motley crue, and steer us to calmer waters...

High risk, but I haven't waited this long to bail out at five minutes to midnight. Will see where ship goes or go down with the ship!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.