LNU 0.00% 0.2¢ linius technologies limited

A.I., SPORTS & THE COMPETITION

1. 1,447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1247
    It was a touch surprising to learn 2 of LNU's favorite webinar buzzwords - "fan engagement" & "personalization" are also being spoken of by some of the world's most famous sporting leagues.

So far, however, these buzzwords are being used by a few sporting league CEO's to introduce A.I. generated sports statistics to bring fans deeper insights into sports.

The list broken down reads like a who's who of internet giants, including:

NFL - AWS
    Bundesliga - AWS
    NHL - AWS
    NBA - Microsoft Azure
    La Liga - Microsoft Azure
    EPL - Oracle
    MLB - Google Cloud

How is any of this even relevant to Linius?

It's the last name on the list, Major League Baseball (MLB).

Around a year ago they jumped ship from AWS to Google Cloud. It's what happened next that really raises eyebrows.

Google Cloud, together with MLB, created the personal fan highlights generator called "Film Room".

Film Room is eerily similar to SwanBay's Wolves soccer offering, albeit in a different sport.

Check it out for yourself in the link below.

They claim there are over 3 million clips and 35 different filters to search from.

Fans can stitch up to 10 of these short videos together, and then share their personalized (they add their own title) video on social media.

How is this even possible if Linius has claimed they are the only ones who can do this?

Are the workforce of MLB and Google Cloud manually cutting each play up of every game and uploading them onto their database or is it an automated process like Linius?

And, how does their product stack up against SwanBay's Linius powered offering? Best to see for yourself and make up your own mind.

The most obvious differences I noticed are Swan Bay's version is more user friendly with its pictures of players, and Film Room is limited to 10 videos.

It also appears fans can't edit within the short videos as we saw Linius could do in the last webinar.

Still, Film Room is a quality product offering and demonstrates where the market is heading, at least in the eyes of Google Cloud & MLB.

The question I posit for discussion here is will AWS and/or Microsoft Azure, 2 companies who have a business connection with Linius, want in and seek to compete with Google Cloud in sports that these companies currently have A.I. contracts with?

Gltah & Dyor

Baseball Video Search | MLB Film Room | MLB.com

Guide to the MLB Film Room - Searle Baseball

Creating reels with Film Room | 09/03/2020 | MLB.com

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.09M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $2.14K 1.07M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
49 108845196 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 26876 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.09am 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.2¢
  Change
0.000 ( 25.0 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ 50000
Last updated 11.42am 03/05/2024 ?
LNU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.