SNT 4.65% 4.5¢ syntara limited

a kicker for bronchitol revenues

1. 3,376 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 103
    After the fanfare of the BI deal faded into the background I started to think long and hard about why Bronchitol never reached the lofty revenue expectations thus far albeit missing US revenues. Brokers had PXS at valuations of $300M-$500M long before the potential of SSAO and LOX2 was factored in... as we all know.. the EMA rejections killed the SP in 2011 and never really recovered from there. This type of valuation factored in Bronchitol annual EU revenues of $15-20M alone. Fast forward to 2015, Bronchitol is selling $4M annually worldwide per year - very disappointing by any measure. We know Bronchitol is not cheap - around $20k per patient per year for an 8-10% lung function increase on top of best standard care (in most cases, this is Pulmozyme which is another $20-30k per year).

Which leads me to the next point - Govt budgets (esp. EU) are under pressure due to the general downturn over the last few years.. this directly impacts health budgets. Less money in the kitty means less likely that CF centres may prescribe expensive new treatments. What if we could maintain cost of patient and have best standard of care + bronchitol??

Heres a little tidbit I found which may help that...

Pulmozyme patent expiry Jul 2015
    http://www.communitycatalyst.org/doc-store/publications/generics-by-2015.pdf

Last edited by primaus72: 27/07/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SNT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.