I was trying to point out that science and religion. fundamental...

1. 26,989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I was trying to point out that science and religion. fundamental or otherwise, are like chalk and cheese in their approaches to understanding existence.

Religion, including the Baha'i Faith, have a belief in a creator which is taken on faith. They too have a soft underbelly like most religions which can, I believe, be embarrassing.

What I believe doesn't make that real. For example, if I believe that the earth is flat does make it so.

Science hasn't answered all of the big questions, but we do know a lot more about them than we once did. For example, we know how life developed once it had started, we know how stars develop and die, at the macro-level we know what the relationship is between energy and space-time. We have figured out the relationship between mass and energy. We have a good understanding of thermodynamics and entropy, we know what causes diseases, we know how the universe could have started without a cause, we have a good understanding of physics at the quantum level, and so on.

With the speed of progress in scientific knowledge, I can't even begin to imagine what we will know in 50 years from now any more than I could have imagined what we know now when I was at university.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.