I think you'll be surprised here, the culprit is not religion...

1. 26,723 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I think you'll be surprised here, the culprit is not religion that's dangerous, the reality is we are governed by Philosophies coming out of the enlightenment which have infiltrated religion, tries to run supreme in dictating everyday life, one of the prime mover is to infiltrate religion and to destroy it from the inside and made into a scapegoat for the ills of the world in order to eliminate it.

ppm, I think you are overly harsh on the Enlightenment. The Enlightenment played a huge part in removing the often draconian rule of the clergy and the oligarchies in Europe and paved the way for freedom of thought and speech which sped up the development of democracy, science, and of universal education.

Granted there have been some crazy outcomes like the formation of dangerous sects that are especially dangerous to their own communities. Fortunately, on a world scale, these are in a small minority.
    I am heartened by the worldwide cooperation in dealing with a common enemy - the coronavirus.
    I am heartened by the Catholic Pope's outreach to others.

I think that these developments have been possible by the groundwork of the Enlightenment.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.