WHC 1.59% $7.69 whitehaven coal limited

This post is in good faith and do sympathize with all holders...

1. 2,010 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 515
    This post is in good faith and do sympathize with all holders right now, but only to a certain degree.

The lesson to be learned from WHC is if it keeps heading lower, then chances are that it will continue. its fine if youre trying to play off a short term reversal, but you cant hesitate to sell if it doesnt go to plan. i went in with the plan that this wouldnt hit a lower low but it did at 1.26 i think from memory? I was in average about 1.28 and sold for just a cent loss, not really relevant but when a brand new low registered, i knew it was time to get out.

Another lesson to learn from stocks is that there is generally money to be made when things are clear that they are reversing. Sure you wont catch the bottom, but you can still make good gains. Just like WHC was on the verge of bankruptcy, nobody had to time the ultimate bottom to make tremendous gains.

It will be a painful short term ride for this one, but i still am of the belief that the price of coal will ultimately rebound. The world is too dependent on coal for it to be phased out so quickly. We are talking decades here.

I will still try and scalp this at .90 and see what happens, but its not without its risks.

For any serious investor in WHC, it will be prudent to hold off from buying for now and wait until there is further update of their capital requirements as it could present a significant dilution event.

I do hope this turns around for people but a clear head and realistic risk assessment is needed for WHC.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH STANDING ON THE SIDELINES until there is more clarity instead of watching your capital go down with the SP.

GLTAH and DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.69
Change
0.120(1.59%)
Mkt cap ! $6.433B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.56 $7.71 $7.52 $39.66M 5.184M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12500 $7.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.70 52480 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$7.69
  Change
0.120 ( 1.24 %)
Open High Low Volume
$7.55 $7.71 $7.52 1167402
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.