ELE 0.00% 0.5¢ elmore ltd

It's a fundamental and very, very, very basic rule that all...

1. 126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    It's a fundamental and very, very, very basic rule that all Indians know so very well in India and that is to KEEP DIVERSITY IN YOUR BUSINESS!!

What I mean by that exactly (after 10 years of working and living there) is you never allow one Indian Director/Manager to control the hiring and firing of your workforce as they put more and more people in that are their 'YES' men and are known as their 'Man'! Eventually these men end up controlling your workforce entirely and before you know it your entire staff run scared of the repercussions if they speak out and you've lost control, resignations start flowing in and in India it takes 3 months notice so it's toxic for a long time.

The change of power is done so carefully you don't even see it coming... I have seen so many internationals lose their business over this fundamental mistake. It's just the Indian way, I hate it and it took us years to understand this happens but eventually you have to accept it even if you really don't want to. Once in control if the Director/Manager pulls the pin your business is in a world of pain and they go out of their way to destroy you if you try to control or fire them. They take the entire workforce with them. Never let it happen!

I've seen it tear apart international owners that just don't want to see it happening and destroy them. Very sad indeed. All that hard work gone. In a foreign country you really want to trust but it's not unusual to see Directors/Managers change regularly for this very reason, it's actually a very healthy thing to do so. It's only the most upper management you have to keep your eye on!

The key is to employ people from all over India as they are a very mobile workforce thus it keeps the loyalties at a minimum and spreads the knowledge and experience which is entirely necessary. Culturally the diversity is embraced as well as they are so tolerant really of each other and their differences in the lower ranks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.