AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

a little bit of knowledge, page-9

1. 2,797 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Great post by BOB = TU from me BOB if you read HC

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/rooted/2011/09/06/is-brown-coal-really-the-planets-saviour/

""""
    bob gillard
    Posted September 16, 2011 at 10:16 am

"""I live near Bacchus Marsh. Your blog appeared on my computer courtesy of nothing more sinister than a google alert for ?Bacchus Marsh?. Sorry if this does not fit your ?vast capitalist conspiracy? worldview.

Not all of us in the BM area support Kate the horse woman?s crusade against progress and development. Not all of us are retired tree changers concerned solely with avoiding change. Some of us have kids to raise, and we like the idea that those kids can live and work in the BM area if that is what they want to do. Unemployment here at the moment is very high, and new business ventures are few and far between.

My concern is that agenda driven souls like you are stirring up a small minority in BM to the detriment of the overall economic viability of the region, and the detriment of the vast majority at BM. How small is the minority opposed to the idea? Real small. I went to the open day held by MNM in Parwan last weekend. 25 people turned up all day. The MNM blokes I spoke to said people came with an open mind, and 90% left supportive of the project.

Oh, and the MNM drilling site at Parwan is pretty much right between the 65 year old Maddingley brown coal mine to the West, and the local sewerage treatment plant to the East. Nobody lives in this part of BM mate. It is charmless, arid, flat dirt.

Some of us in BM quite like the idea that this area could be the site of not only a world?s first billion dollar clean energy investment project with a 30 year+ life span, but that the exergen technology involves credible and practical steps that may assist to reduce the net CO2 emissions across the planet for the next 50 years."""

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.