@Sweetsound I have only just begun that journey - and I...

1. 18,132 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    @Sweetsound I have only just begun that journey - and I re-discovered a book I read years ago - and I might have mentioned it before - by one Dr Manfred Clynes, who developed/discovered something he named 'Sentics' (The Touch of Emotions). He based his theory initially on the effect sound has on people, but simplified it further. It is really complex in explaining, but fairly simple in execution.

He discovered, named something called 'essentic form' which is a property all 'things' have, whether they are living things, pictures, architecture, even people, music - it is the outline in which it expresses itself. All things visible to us, in nature, sometimes made by us, have shapes/form - these.; Dr Clynes reduced into lines and graphs, reproduced on a graph sheet by the human subject undergoing the test/treatment.
    He was experimenting for a long time with touch on a simple keyboard, which was connected to a small screen on which an outline was traced, occasioned by the touch of the human subject's fingertip on the keys of the gadget. The person undergoing the test (treatment) was instructed to feel basic emotions in a certain sequence for a set period of time and, whilst feeling these emotions, to touch one of the keys of the 'instrument' (which consists of only seven (7) keys, representing the sentic states, which are: anger, hate, grief, love, sex, joy, reverence.
    The test subject is instructed to 'play' a symphony of emotions according to a sequence given by the instructor and hold the various 'states' for a certain amount of time.

He has done hundreds of tests, has done hundreds of experiments with the sequencing of the emotions, has eventually written precise instructions (which I have yet to find in the book) of the sequencing of these emotions - and found that both the test subject and he himself, came away feeling refreshed and vibrant even after the experimental sessions.

This is a major project, but the end result is simplicity itself. He set out to find the right sequence of emotions which people could play themselves on a simple keyboard (and not making a sound, but producing a graph),by following a set of taped instructions.
    He spent a lof of time experimenting with different sequencing of those seven emotions, eventually set them out in a booklet (which I have yet to find) thus enabling everyone, even if they cannot play an instrument or read music, to have the benefits of the soul states which good music produces in us.
    Sounds crazy - maybe it does, but I believe if Dr Clynes had had the benefit of the internet and U-Tube, he might be a hit nowadays. As it turned out some composers of electronic music are using Dr Clynes discovery as we speak.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.