@Sweetsound I have been to two of the places you quote, namely...

1. 18,137 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    @Sweetsound I have been to two of the places you quote, namely Grein and Lake Balaton (when I was quite a young girl and part of a Hungarian Dance Group - we were visiting there), that little bit of Hungary I have seen, is very beautiful, I have also been to Budapest and ate a cake at that famous patisserie. I have never been to Istanbul, but friends of mine have and were raving about it - watched a few programs about it - know the history. I know little about Albania, except my best mate's (man friend) son-in-law is from there and he is somewhat wild, but also loyal, hard-working and a tough man - he actually looks very middle European, so do his children - blue-grey eyes, brown hair. One of my friends here has an ethnic link to Montenegro, so I get to hear a lot about Eastern Europe - always play some gipsy music when he visits. He and his wife will be celebrating their 80th birthday this Saturday, I am invited.
    The Danube valley is a beautiful place, and I have visited a few times - there is also good eating at the eateries - and of course, wine. I have now got a few bottles of 'Grüner Veltliner' (Haus Paul with the donkey face on the label) in the fridge - have a few sips at night, when I feel like it. (I buy it from Dan Murphy's) Now I must check out the places you mention.
    Go well
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.