@Sweetsound I began watching this - nice young couple - people...

1. 18,208 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    @Sweetsound I began watching this - nice young couple - people stealing, never happened in the old days on mountain huts - though almost everyone was poor. Too much technology is tempting to people who can't afford it - in those days you either had the heavy mountain boots or light boots in rough leather, which were similar to the Australian sandshoes, with a tighter fit and with a corrugated rubber sole, nowadays they have anatomically shaped climbing boots for rock climbing which cost the earth.
    So maybe it was such a 'luxury' item which enticed envy . . .
    My husband was a seasoned climber in his early to mid-teenage years - I went along on some lighter climbs, really enjoyed it - never had any problem with heights - but then we 'migrated' to Australia, Sydney - yes we checked out the Blue Mountains etc, but got busy working, rearing children.
    5 years ago I visited the mountain country between New South Wales and Victoria and was amazed at the size of it and the total wilderness - this is something to explore still - it was magic!
    Thanks for the video - nice young couple - I'll watch it - began, but phonecall interrupted and need to get myself to the shops now.
    Go well
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.