RMD 0.83% $32.85 resmed inc

Reported in the Herald Sun today. A death whilst someone was on...

1. 11,880 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1264
    Reported in the Herald Sun today. A death whilst someone was on Ozempic. Cause of death severe gastrointestinal illness.

Mum dies after taking popular weight loss drug

An Aussie mum who wanted to slim down before a wedding has tragically died after taking a popular weight loss drug.
    Jasmine Kazlauskas

A heartbroken husband has issued a horrifying warning after his wife tragically died just months into her weight loss journey.

Roy Webster explained this his wife Trish was keen to lose a few kilograms before their daughter’s upcoming wedding but grew frustrated when traditional methods did not work.

Despite going on diets and visiting the gym, the scale would not budge – so she decided to start taking popular weight loss drugs that she had seen on television.

The 56-year-old mum managed to lose a total of 16 kilograms after starting on the injectable drugs Ozempic and Saxenda.

Both were originally designed to treat diabetes, but are now being widely used around the world to help aid in weight loss.

Mr Webster was left devastated by his wife's death. Picture: 60 Minutes
    Roy said that while his wife was losing weight, she was also frequently ill – often suffering from diarrhoea and nausea.

Despite these side effects, Trish stayed on the drugs and was determined to slim down and wear the dress of her dreams for her daughter’s big day.

But in January this year, things took a horrifying turn.

“She had a little bit of brown stuff coming out of her mouth, and I realised she wasn’t breathing,” he told Nine’s 60 Minutes.

“I started doing CPR. It was just pouring out and I turned her to the side, trying to get it out. She couldn’t breathe.”
    Tragically, Trish passed away that night on January 16, 2023.
    Her death certificate states the cause was an acute gastrointestinal illness.
    While the coroner’s conclusion does not draw any direct link to the weight loss medication, Roy believes that the drugs contributed to her death.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$32.85
Change
0.270(0.83%)
Mkt cap ! $20.39B
Open High Low Value Volume
$32.85 $32.97 $32.73 $149.0M 4.542M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8886 $32.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$32.88 1000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$32.90
  Change
0.270 ( 1.09 %)
Open High Low Volume
$32.85 $32.96 $32.74 490634
Last updated 15.59pm 30/04/2024 ?
RMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.