PYC 2.78% 17.5¢ pyc therapeutics limited

A little more on MYC..., page-2

1. 5,365 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 692
    Being no scientist im still wondering where we are at with myc. I know dr soucek had a gene therapy approach to application. I assume this means myc inhibition happened throughout the body ( of the mouse?) it appears the cells with over active myc ( tumors) were inhibited and the side effects on non cancerous cells were minor and reversible. Does this mean that if we can couple an inhibitor with a cell penetrating peptide and just inject it into the bloodstream it could actually find and inhibit cancer cells while not being hugely detrimental to normal cells. Their trial of directly injecting tumors did not address this question but if this were the case it would be major. The sourcek trial appeared to seek out tumors and kill them when myc inhibition was switched on, so surely this was applied throughout the body. It seems her only issue was finding a way to get this to enter cells without having to genetically modify mice for it to work? It would seem our peptides could allow this to happen.

And if we come up with an myc inhibitor that is proprietry then wow ??
    Last edited by andrewk65: 14/08/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.