"I would assume one that could pay the basics...rent, food,...

1. 317 Posts.
    "I would assume one that could pay the basics...rent, food, utilities, health, education and a little left over for savings to cover emergencies. These amounts would be covered without fretting over juggling the money.

Does the award rate in Australia cover this?

If you want a livable wage you need take on two jobs...imo...unless you have a profession behind you."

People love to complain about not having a livable wage yet continue to make absolutely ridiculous lifestyle choices.
    - having kids: a lifestyle choice, not a necessity. if you can't afford them, don't have them. Both partners working.
    - habits like smoking - excessive drinking. once again, completely unnecessary and a colossal waste of money.
    - new technology. Does anyone on minimum wage really think they need an i phone 5 on 3 grand plan. How many times do you see people sign up for stuff they cannot afford.
    - household appliances - new tv's etc, assuming people even actually need a TV. I am 39 and have never bought a TV. My work provides most of my technology though I do have a macbook, xbox etc.
    - living in areas they cannot afford to live in. suck it up move somewhere cheap, drive a reasonable car and save money rather than go to Bali every year.

it's totally possible to do ok on minimum wage - it's all about choices.

R

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.