AJL 10.0% 0.9¢ aj lucas group limited

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry...

1. 321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas Johnny Hobbit!

IF an early election is held. IF Jeremy Corbyn, the anti-semitic islamophile appeals to enough voters to win a general election. IF the Corbynites are stupid enough to ban an industry that will most likely be feeding energy into the grid. Then your wet dream will come true, and the UK can pursue a reckless energy policy that leaves it beholden to Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani, Putin, and Trump. Best of luck with that, Johnny!

And Darwin, I normally enjoy your posts, but the whining about interest payments is over-the-top. Whether men in suits or loan sharks or whatever names you want to call them - they propped up the company when it needed propping and they are being compensated for it based on market rates. Everyone complained about paying Kerogen 18% before OCP, and now we've found that Kerogen was probably cutting AJL a pretty good deal because they had a large equity stake in AJL. AJL is not a good credit and creditors aren't generally stupid. AJL would have shopped around to find the best deal and OCP stepped up. Regardless of whether they were wearing tailored suits or birthday suits, they gave the company money when it was needed and they deserve to be compensated for the risk they took at a market rate and it appears that is the case (unless you have information that would indicate otherwise).

The whining just reminds me of anti-frackers TBH. They whine on and on about fracking and fossil fuels while they depend on them for their lives. We whine about paying creditors while we depend on their capital to keep equity afloat. If AJL or shareholders don't like the deal, then let's go find another lender who is prepared to offer credit at better rates to the company. Perhaps with the underlying business performing better that's in the realm of possibilities, but I have doubts.

I think we're better off focusing on good flow rates and improved operations. That's what's going to easily pay our bills and make us money.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.