a mathematical question re: stockmarket, page-17

1. 113 Posts.
    re: a mathematical question stockmarket ericbaume.

I have 5 charts that I use as overlays. dumb? ..... probably, but hey it's working and has done for a few years.

This selection method I have developed suits ME.

I cannot make money out of specs, I sell too early when things go wrong.

Brokerage fees keep you broke.

I do not have the ability to pick stocks at the bottom.

I just don't trust F/A (my ability) because it is based on others deciding what information to provide. There are too many things that can go wrong and if you are "tied" to your F/A then you might find it hard to cut your losses. You simply can't know everything you need to know.

T/A is self defeating, and just too damn hard. It is a never ending pursuit for the holy grail. And after you have tinkered and back tested, does it work?

I don't look at a stock unless it has been trending up for at least one year (the low point at least one year ago) with the emphasis on higher lows. I don't worry too much about the highs. Technically an uptend is higher highs and higher lows, but I keep a keen eye on the support.

I also favour the newer listed Companies, well they have to have been listed for at least one year!

I also use a stop loss.

Have a peek at the chart for GNS. You are not going to make 500% or anything like it, but with some LUCK you may just find that picking stocks and making a profit is possible. The best chart on the ASX in 2001 was HSP. Look at RIC.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.