ZIP 0.00% $2.12 zip co limited..

A moment of reflection, page-41

1. 5,524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1391
    4. Disposition effect - The tendency to sell an asset that has accumulated in value and resist selling an asset that has declined in value. e.g. Anyone who won't sell a stock because it's in the red is guilty of this. What an experienced investor does is makes the best investment decisions irrespective of how much red (a tax benefit anyway) or green there is because often there is better ways to make that money back than just holding onto a declining stock. Me personally I have no issues in selling a stock in red.

This may be the case with many BNPL holders and is the equivalent of a deer getting caught in the headlights.

Never be afraid to cut your losses, or at least partially. One of the best lessons you'll ever learn from a sinking stock. I sold SZL closer to $7, at a very small loss. After having seen it almost double that not long ago it was a hard decision but given I'm aware of the anchoring biases and disposition effect it felt like the right decision at the time. With SZL in the low $3s (and with the benefit of hindsight) it was the right decision.

Some great lessons to take away from this if willing.

PS: this isn't a post about Z1P and whether it's doomed or will recover. It's still a post about biases, self-reflections and learnings.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.12
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.751B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.11 $2.19 $2.08 $37.25M 17.52M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 134476 $2.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.14 90343 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.