TMT 0.00% 26.0¢ technology metals australia limited

I am a VRFB bull like the rest of us, but how much of the...

1. 1,628 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 792
    I am a VRFB bull like the rest of us, but how much of the projected figures rely on Vanadium being the predominant electrolyte to be used in the upcoming large flow battery storage?

I know there are a lot of other experimental chemicals and some are even being used in large batteries... I think vanadium has the benefit of actually being around a long time and a proven technology, as well as having some big companies like Sumitomo, Lockheed Martin, and a few Chinese companies investing heavily in it... If it's the 'first to market', first to be mainstream recognised as the main alternative to lithium for grid storage, that will go a HUGE way to the vanadium demand projections being realised or maybe even surpassed. It's heading in that direction it feels like, but it seems like everyone is still looking at all these other solutions waiting on a big game changer to come from nowhere, which is sad when vanadium is already a fantastic solution and governments should be getting behind it right now.

Again, vanadium price is not reflecting future demand at all, but I have a feeling we're at the point where new supply (hopefully TMT) can be fully absorbed by the market without a drop in Vanadium price... The world clearly will need more vanadium and a proven quality supply to feed these batteries will be very welcome... Large companies would be wary of investing heavily in a battery technology that you have to fight Chinese steel manufacturers just to secure the main ingredient, so I think it's at a very interesting point in the market for new suppliers to enter into.

Not sure I made any point here. Just food for thought.
    Last edited by RhysT: 20/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TMT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.