RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ raptor resources limited

A new Beginning..., page-3210

Currently unlisted. Proposed listing date: 4 SEPTEMBER 2024 #
  1. 5,007 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2438
    Casting my mind back to that horrible day...

1. Very poor results were released from what was our very first prospective clinical trial. It was also our very first trial conducted in the US, and our first trial conducted at arm's length through a third party clinical trial officer. All prior clinical studies were conducted in Australia and Indonesia, were directly controlled by Resapp personnel, and were designed to gather data and train the algorithm. The training had been verified using "leave-one-out" verification, which showed very strong results. Based on that we were (nearly) all unshakeable in our confidence of equally good results from the US trial. The acid test – predicting outcomes from completely unseen data not used for training – had never been done. So when the results were released it was as if the entire premise of ResappDx had been blown to pieces. Many holders hit sell. Many holders hung on in hope/faith. Some overcommitted holders went through terrible emotional, financial, family times.
    2. There was no factual or emotional "backstop" to provide support against the terrible result. As mentioned, there were no other prospective trials. There were no regulatory approvals. There was no second-string product in the mix.

Today I see things as being very different... (statements of opinion)
    1. Resapp's response to the initial results was mature, constructive, methodical and proved to be successful. I have more confidence now as a result in the company's ability to deal with adversity.
    2. Prospective trials have been conducted under the same conditions as the initial studies, with results that bear out our expectations from the earlier studies.
    3. A prospective trial was completed in the US with results we believe are strong enough to support FDA approval in the US.
    4. Regulatory approval has been granted in Europe and Australia.
    5. There is a second highly promising product (sleep apnea), well-supported in clinical trials, so we have eggs in two baskets now.
    6. Resapp has established important commercial and scientific connections, which give us a pretty solid basis for our optimism.

In short, back in 2017 the trial was our only short and it was a dud. Now I can see many threads woven together for form a much stronger hammock in which my retirement dreams can peacefully sleep.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.