DML 0.00% 1.9¢ discovery metals limited

I'm going to bet "lower and in > 4mths time".Like many, I am...

1. 470 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 437
    I'm going to bet "lower and in > 4mths time".

Like many, I am going to expose my ignorance on this site:

I have been in DML a while and just let it run without ever bothering to look closely at the fundamentals - save for when I first got in a few years back. As some wiser heads have commented on these threads, DML has 2 headwinds at present: falling comodity prices (notwithstanding its medium term hedges) and a large gap between proven resource size+grade and the "blue sky" expectations that were driving the share price over the last few quarters. Those things are bad (obviously) and have deteriorated since the $1.70 bid was first mooted.

Had I bothered to look at the modelling, I would have been out on-market at $1.50 for a nice close-on 10-bagger: but like many, I did not and I just watched the chart run higher. Cest la via. On the present modelling, I'd be happy to be out at 75c.

Anyway, my point is: I will guess that there would be a large chunk of the share base that would jump at a level below $1.70 - even though we did not do so in the last round. If the Company does proceed with a dillutive offer after assuring the market that their debt was restructured at the end of March, I think any exodous would be a stampede. I expect the mere mention of it has got many shareholders secretly praying that cathy offers a way out of DML for them.

I would be willing to bet 5 DML shares that Cathay was not aware of the Corps Law provision that The Australian sited and that they are not contemplating offering again at $1.70+. Hopefully I am wrong. I added a few more for fun just before the trading halt, so I'd like to be. We'll see.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.