DEG 0.82% $1.21 de grey mining limited

john435 - have I found some maps and information for you... an...

1. 58 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6

john435 - have I found some maps and information for you... an April 2011 academic journal article provides a fantastic summary of what we have been discussing:

Guido, D. & Campbell, K.(2011). Jurassic hot spring deposits of the Deseado Massif (Patagonia, Argentina):
    Characteristics and controls on regional distribution. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research.

I came across it as an accepted manuscript on Science Direct. Put the heading in Google and you can navigate to the abstract. Through work I have a subscription to the relevant electronic database so can see this for free, but unfortunately it might cost $30 to purchase otherwise. I didn't want to post maps here on HotCopper for rosk of breaching their copyright. But definitely an article our directors should read.

Basically, the authors looked at 25 epithermal hot springs and mapped four major lineaments running across the Deseado Massif. They indicate that "the numerous geothermal and significant epithermal (those with published minable resources) deposits of the Deseado Massif geological province mostly occur in four regional NNW and WNW hydrothermal-structural belts (Northwestern, Northern, Central, Southern), defined here by alignment of five or more hot spring deposits and confirmed as structurally controlled byaeromagnetic data. The Northern and Northwestern belts, in particular, concentrate most of the geothermal and epithermal occurrences."

The NNW and Northern Belts overlap at Cerro Negro. The NNW belt is about 35-40ks wide and from Cerro Negro follows pretty much the direction mentioned in my earlier posting - all the way down to Mantial Espejo mine and DEG's Bajedo tenement in the south of the Deseado, and look to intersect parts of Boleadora and Sierra Morena on the way. La Evalina seems to be in the Southern Belt and Aguada Grande in the northern belt. But I don't have GIS,and I have cross-referenced through eyeballing our infomration against the authors maps - so some tenements may be more in the belts than others. A couple of other DEG tenements are also near or in the beltways.

The article also includes a lot of details on key vein orientations etc. Great if you want the detail. or those who don't, at the risk of getting back up on that soapbox once again - we have Argentinian tenements in key places.

Regards

Elisby1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.21
Change
-0.010(0.82%)
Mkt cap ! $2.887B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.20 $1.23 $1.20 $3.671M 3.033M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 44726 $1.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.21 107237 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.