IGO 4.32% $5.55 igo limited

Micam,Concur, having attended the 05 and 07 AGMs. A very...

1. 13,970 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1048
    Micam,

Concur, having attended the 05 and 07 AGMs.

A very different company, and have fallen in love with it since first concluding this at the time of my first purchase at 108 in 04. Reinforced by reading some notes from someone fron Far East (equities?) who had attended a conference presentation - pretty much said they were different and would not be for everyone in mining, but were interesting. Back in those days Uncle Google seemed to be better at getting goodies off the back of broker trucks, however I'd picked it anyway.

My impression is that Bonwick is intend on running a WMC sized exploration program, but running it his own (independent) way, which opens us up to the potential for discoveries of the significance of Kambalda, or perhaps even OD (perhaps more realistically PHill).

I believe Bonwick was seen by the analysts as an exploration boffin, that might struggle on the mining. That he has picked the right people and turned what was a dodgy mine at Long into a superb and safe operation speaks volumes. I also understand that right through the mining boom they had miners queued up to join. This imho is very very much Bonwicks "independence" from big corporate nonsense, although I do not dismiss the possibility of him taking it to big corporate status, but it will then imho still be a very different company, with the same values as now.

This is exciting pension fund stuff, and I concur worth adding on dips over the years.

EL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IGO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.55
Change
0.230(4.32%)
Mkt cap ! $4.202B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.46 $5.60 $5.42 $28.97M 5.243M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 180 $5.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.56 1455 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IGO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.