MMN macmin silver ltd

Thanks for all your responses, I had to take a complete rest...

1. 568 Posts.
    Thanks for all your responses, I had to take a complete rest after the shock and strain of thinking - hence the delay.

Yes I figured the same about MMN being the only primary silver developer in Australia (except for recent listing of CXC here) and also that they made a point of stating that their intention was to stay unhedged. Also staying debt free, albeit through massive printing of shares - even the Cornell debt principal being repaid in shares. Additionally they got their plant built, and resource drilling done in cheaper times. All those are still positives about the company.
    Maybe also the AUD silver price will start to generate some excitement. Coupled with a really good drill result or resource definition, say at Tally Ho, investors might again pay for ozs of silver in the ground - rather than focussing too much on cashflow from Twin Hills.
    Anyway as noiprocs implies, I feel relieved at making a decision according to my own lights rather than wishin' hopin' and prayin'.

Croesus and Bendigo were a big jolt to my confidence in junior mining companies as those ones were somehow the more respectable punts; but I do remember doubts seeding about Croesus when they put on more hedges, and when I read that they powered not only their own operation, but also the small mining town with diesel. Didn't act on those doubts of course.

"Still as a whole, I am up substantially, but sometimes think I should have just invested in BHP and RIO when I started in 2004 (at $12 and $37 respectively) and not looked at my portfolio since."
    Exactly nicwix. I remember net commentator Adam Hamilton saying that BHP was better than a commodities fund for anyone not wanting to make the decisions of selecting individual companies. And what about bullion rather than all the doubt accompanying PM juniors? I started buying some silver bullion a bit after I started accumulating MMN, and even with the steep margin they charged I am up 100% . Effortless and risk-free.
    I also went into AGS @ 25c and 40c and here's where I say that I too bailed out when it was looking toppy above $2 - but no, I didn't do that. Ditto with ARU - had a 10 bagger on the oppies. Yes, they're all still there, festering away in the porfolio, lol.

Good luck to MMN holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.