FML 13.8% 16.5¢ focus minerals ltd

a question of cash cost

1. 83,277 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    hi all,

I just had a discussion with a major shareholder of fml and we both agree philosophically about cash costs - so to check that we aren't both mad I thought I would ask for opinions.

For this exercise lets say that pog is stuck at $1500 Aussie and all external factors are frozen in time - eg. no gfc's or the like.
    Then -

Are not cash costs directly relative to development and exploration?

ie. in the case of focus - if your cash costs were under $800 or at least under the point where you were running the business at a profit and didn't have to rely on raisings -
    in that case - would you not be wasting development and exploration potential?

So if at 'THIS' stage of a company's life - you absoutely won't want your cash costs to be below say $800.

So you would want your cash costs to tread that fine line - spend as much as you can and keep the costs up - but not so much that you have to always go to the market for more.
    So always a delicate balance between expenditure and profit.

So if fml had cash costs of say $400 then they would be managing badly - and if they had cash costs of $200 then they would be managing very badly - under the current growth philosophy - "Expanding aggressively into a rising gold price".

And also - if gold were then to jump to say $3000 Aussie - you would actually want your cash costs to rise to say $2000 or more likely $2500 per oz - as you would be doing loads more exploration and development.

Then of course once you got to a certain size - if your company philosophy was to reward shareholders in say 4 years - as you neared that 4 year mark you would cut back on the exploration or development and then do a buyback or a cap. return or whatever.
    Ok shoot.

Opinions?

tia

Pinto

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
0.020(13.8%)
Mkt cap ! $47.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 16.5¢ 14.5¢ $9.976K 68.80K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 24701 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 9616 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.