CAZ 0.00% 2.2¢ cazaly resources limited

a real conundrum, page-8

1. 1,493 Posts.
    re: as amatter of interest

Sue12

Thankyou for that info.

Though some think otherwise, I find you’re always helpful in re-balancing the often overly optimistic utterances made here at HC.

As for the Australian caller identification system, well I'm a veritable expert. Having worked for Telecom as a veritable Senior Technical Officer grade 1 for 17 years. A complete waist of time BTW. And every time Telecom/Telstra sheds 10,000 staff I think of the day one of my instructors once predicted jokingly that the entire exchange will one day fit inside a manhole in the street. And how they can now make telecom equipment that almost never fails and so never needs regular maintenance…with STAFF tending it, like ants protecting aphides.

When Australia introduced caller ID, the GOVERNMENT opted for the default to be ON making all phones set to caller ID on. I wrote several long objections to the Minista at the time and he took absolutely no notice of my highly persuasive submissions. Tisk!

This meant that to disable caller ID the customer had to request it to be disconnected. Unlike some overseas countries where it was made default off when introduced.

It was a strictly commercial decision aided and abetted by apathetic voters who, somewhat understandable did not comprehend what it was and what it meant. And BTW, my objection probably ensured Telecom was required to increase and prolong their advertisement campaign. But of course the inevitable still happened. Caller ID was defaulted to ON.

So OF COURSE mine is set to off. Therefore the kind lady at the WA Supreme Court could not have see who was calling in my case. You see, apart form liking to watch, I also like to be anonymous. Its what so good about HotCopper. But of course anonymity will eventually be totally unlawful. Big brother and his opposite negative Big Brother (aka Terroristas) will, between them, see to it IMHO. Just as today, big brother can already find out where I was, when I was there and who knows what else. Not so much as in real time, but in hindsight. You are being watched, and I bet President Bush knows I am against him. For, as we all know, if we are not for him we are against him. And yes. He also knows that he is my enemy too!

Of course if I wanted to, I could dial a prefix before making a call and then my caller ID would be transmitted for that particular call.

But from memory, I do not think the SYSTEM allows the customer (aka Subscriber) to switch caller ID from OFF to ON and vice verse themselves, by entering a code via their phone. The SYSTEM forces you to go through the hassle of calling Telstra or Optus etc, and identifying yourself before asking to switch it off. You see, THEY do not want people to set it to OFF. It’s not just the terrorists they designed it for. Besides, back then (1990’s) there were none of any importance.

It’s all about value adding for the Telcos. Businesses are willing to pay extra for the service.

And, have you noticed the de-regularisation of the phone numbers? I saw an add on late night TV for a dating service. It was not a 1900 number which we all know is a pay service. No. It was a regular local number but tin very small print it says the call is charged at long distance call rates. So? Is it getting a click back from Telstra making it the equal of an info service call?

You see in a modern complex world it isn’t just a matter of missing on the riches it provides by being uneducated and ignorant, its also about being robbed of what little you have.

On the other hand, what’s changed?

Mysteriously yours……

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $10.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.2¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ $12.92K 610.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 48000 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 148631 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.05am 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.