FDL flinders diamonds limited

a refresher course and some info

1. 17,233 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 954
    Ive been doing some more research over the weekend....sorry in advance if I reinterate what may been said previously...

1.Drill testing starts early 08 for the Flinders Island Project.......nothing to do with the iron ore drill in Pilbara.....just thought i would make people aware.

2. FDL have already had a drill rig on site of tenement e47/882 when they were drilling several holes looking for diamonds a while back

What actually happend was the samples were sent away and analysed.

FDL were searching for DIAMONDS and NOT iron ore

The samples came back HIGHLY contaminated with....

Ferruginous Material

Quick explanation of FM......

Sedimentary material contains enough iron minerals (10 to < 50% ) to influence the geologist’s description. Where appropriate, sedimentary material can be described as: pyritic—sedimentary material contains disseminated crystals, grains, or nodules of pyrite. hematitic— sedimentary material contains disseminated crystals, grains, or nodules of hematite. goethitic— sedimentary material contains disseminated crystals, grains, or nodules of goethite
    Now that we understand the above..........
    FDL were referring at the time to hematitic sedimentary materials........which is in relation to hematite.

Anyone know what hematite is??......I hope so.

FDL even put in their statement that the ferruginous material found in the samples were from the....
    Brockman Iron Formation.

Anyone not aware of this formation google it and do some research.

At the time FDL were only interested in the diamonds so pulled out after the drill results and left the tenement......and they didn't find what they were actually looking for........diamonds.......or did they find something even better but just didn't know it yet??....lol

Since that time....FMG have been able to drum up a very substancial inferred resource and have only actually used about 15% of their tenements land size.....which FDL has the diamonds licence for.

FMG's resource runs into some of the FDL tenements....as has been shown by their 1blmt resource with 200mt going straight into FDL's tenement.....however as we know FDL will only be recieving a royalty for this.

So now with some further knowledge in grasp...... some may begin to understand what e47/882 can do for FDL as a company.... with the potential it has.......in fact everyone says "but FDL haven't even drilled yet".........I beg to differ.

Also POL (Polaris) are on the other side of the e47/882 tenement to FMG and they also have found iron ore.

Please consider all of the above as FDL move this year into a full blown drilling program to prove up over 300mt of iron ore.......close to infastructure......some big players close by for help if required......$38 mill of option money possibly coming in Sept 08.......as well as many other JV's etc around Australia.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.