A Republic........Why not?, page-166

1. 331 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    11up,
    My point is that we really should think long and hard before we ask ourselves the question of becoming a republic. Common law plays a big a in our constitution for the best part of a century but has been butchered & bastardised by our law makers in recent times. I simply do not trust ex bankers, ex lawyers and many of the university elite with 20 diplomas in sfa who wander the halls of parliament to be given a chance slip something past the general population they never really needed, wanted or understand properly. The direction the world is heading these days I think reinforces that governments are becoming more like corporational dictatorships rather than democracies. A republic of Australia will be nothing than another way a removing more of the peoples remaining liberties imo.
    All these gooses running around saying it "is just replacing the head of state with our own"...."PIGS ASS" as J Elliott would say.

I get concerned with these nut bags wanting change sheet all the time to make a name for themselves, appease their own ideological shortcomings or lining their own pockets...... and you want disagree with them they will take a stick to no worries..
    To me it is simple. If it aint broke yet why try and fix it.
    Imo

Merry Christmas

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.