MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

Some here have expressed concern about competition in the stem...

1. 522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3626
    Some here have expressed concern about competition in the stem cell space with respect to ARDS, specifically from Athersys.
    We have noticed the Athersys share price rise on irrational exuberance (imo). Guess what, after the closing bell, Athersys announced a $50 million offering (a Capital Raise for those of you on Australia). SPLAT. It's share price dived after hours. (I was actually fully expecting a CR from Athersys).
    A few things:
    1. Athersys says its share offering (CR) is to fund its acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) clinical program, which includes initiation of a Phase 2/3 pivotal study for COVID-19 induced ARDS patients, among other things.
    Contrast that with Mesoblast's ARDS/COVID-19 study that is a public-private partnership and is sponsored by the NIH.
    We don't need to be rocket scientists to figure out the CONFIDENCE expressed by the NIH in this regard.
    Athersys is on its own.

2. Atherysys has not proved scalable manufacturing yet. That is another reason they did this CR. Mesoblast has proven scalability with Lonza.

3.. Trial design is a big part of trial success, in addition to, of course, the treatment itself. Athersys' CEO is not a medical doctor and professor like Silviu Itescu. Gil Von Bokkelen is a PhD in Genetics. I believe this plays a crucial role in why Mesoblast has been successful in every trial to date. Athersys does have a history of efficacy failures.

So relax. We have the sponsorship, the talent, the expertise and history on our side to succeed.
    As to America first blah, blah - please STOP. Mesoblast is more an American outfit than Australian. There are more employees and more trials and more board members based in the US than in Australia. No, I am not saying Mesoblast is NOT an Australian company. Don't get me wrong.
    So Trump is not going to favor Athersys over Mesoblast. What he and the FDA will support (and the FDA will approve) are treatments that will WORK. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by The Yankee: 16/04/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.